GDPR/Data Protection Practitioner
The EU GDPR which came into effect on 25 May 2018 is the biggest overhaul of data protection law within the EU since the 1990’s. Although the GDPR is a European legislation, the effects are far reaching. Any organisation that processes personal data of people within the EU must comply with the requirements that are set out in the GDPR. This means that all organisations within the EU must adhere to the GDPR, as well as those that are outside the EU but processing data of individuals within the EU.
This course designed to give you an in depth insight into the GDPR and data protection laws within the UK and a good understanding of key concepts and legal requirements. Upon completion of the course and exam, you will be sent a GDPR Practitioner certificate.
This course is ideal for anyone (at any level) looking to gain an introduction to the GDPR and UK data protection laws.
This course is intended for:
- Data Protection or Privacy Analysts
- IT Security Professionals
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Compliance Managers
- HR Managers
- Get a comprehensive introduction into the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Gain a practical understanding of key concepts and legal requirements.
- Enhance career prospects – Completion of the course and the end of course exam will demonstrate your knowledge and competence in data protection.
- Demonstrate your organisational commitment to ensuring data protection awareness and implementation.
|Module 1||Key definitions and terminology|
|Module 2||Appointment and role of the DPO|
|Module 3||Data protection principles|
|Module 4||Lawfulness of processing|
|Module 5||Data Subject Rights|
|Module 6||How to deal with a SAR request|
|Module 7||Data Protection Impact Assessments|
|Module 8||Data flow mapping|
|Module 9||Data Protection Impact Assessments|
|Module 10||Risk management|
|Module 11||Completing Data Protection Impact Assessments|
|Module 12||Data breaches and breach management|
|Module 13||Enforcement and regulatory action|
|Module 14||International transfers|
|Module 15||Practical considerations|
|Module 16||Summary and recap|
|End of course exam|
2 hours exam. Upon successful completion of the exam you will obtain a GDPR Practitioner Certification
Pass mark: 65%
- 2 hour exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam you will obtain a GDPR Practitioner Certification
- Pass mark: 65%