GDPR/Data Protection Foundation & Practitioner Combined
The EU GDPR which came into effect on 25 May 2018 is the biggest overhaul of data protection law within the EU since the 1990’s. Although the GDPR is a European legislation, the effects are far reaching. Any organisation that processes personal data of people within the EU must comply with the requirements that are set out in the GDPR. This means that all organisations within the EU must adhere to the GDPR, as well as those that are outside the EU but processing data of individuals within the EU.
This course designed to give you an in depth insight into the GDPR and data protection laws within the UK and a good understanding of key concepts and legal requirements. Upon completion of the course and exam, you will be sent a GDPR Practitioner certificate.
This course is ideal for anyone (at any level) looking to gain an introduction to the GDPR and UK data protection laws.
This course is intended for:
- Data Protection or Privacy Analysts
- IT Security Professionals
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Compliance Managers
- HR Managers
- Get a comprehensive introduction into the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Gain a practical understanding of key concepts and legal requirements.
- Enhance career prospects – Completion of the course and the end of course exam will demonstrate your knowledge and competence in data protection.
- Demonstrate your organisational commitment to ensuring data protection awareness and implementation.
|Module 1||Introduction to GDPR and DPA 2018|
|Module 2||Key Definitions and Terminology|
|Module 3||Data Protection Principles|
|Module 4||Lawfulness of processing|
|Module 5||Data Subject Rights|
|Module 6||How to deal with a SAR request|
|Module 7||Data Protection Impact Assessments|
|Module 8||Breach Reporting|
|Module 9||International Transfers|
|Module 10||The role of a DPO|
|End of course exam|
Foundation: 1 hour exam. Upon successful completion of the exam you will obtain a GDPR Foundation Certification
- 1 hour exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam you will obtain a GDPR Foundation Certification
- 2 hour exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam you will obtain a GDPR Practitioner Certification
Pass mark: 65%